Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MY SPECIAL MEATLOAF


I don’t know about anyone else, but today it’s back to work for me.  One of the great comfort foods for me is meatloaf.  Especially My Special Meatloaf.  It’s a recipe I developed over several years and many “not quite right” attempts.  I hope you enjoy it.  Oh!  I usually double the recipe.



MY SPECIAL MEATLOAF

Ingredients - Meatloaf
1 ½ lbs. ground beef                         1 pkg. onion soup
¼ cup milk                                     ¼ cup ketchup
1 egg, beaten                                ¼ teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
¾ cup oats                                    Salt and Pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 350 0 f.
Mix all ingredients together.  Pack into an ungreased loaf pan.

Ingredients - Sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup ketchup

Mix all the ingredients.  Pour on top of meatloaf.

Bake for 1 ½ hours.

Doubling the recipe gives you plenty for either a 2nd entree or several meatloaf sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment