Saturday, January 5, 2013

MOM'S BUCKWHEAT CAKES


Continuing with my comfort food theme, buckwheat cakes are one of my ultimate comfort foods.  My Mom always made the best buckwheat cakes and she passed her recipe on to me.  I have lots of anecdotes about the challenges I've faced while making them, but I’ll just get on with the recipe.  I'm certain you will love it!




MOM’S BUCKWHEAT CAKES

Ingredients:
1 Cup buckwheat flower.                  2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white flower.                        ¼ cup melted shortening.
1 beaten egg.                              1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt.                            1 tablespoon sugar
2 ¼ cups buttermilk.                             

Sift flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.  Add soda to milk then add to the flour mixture along with egg and shortening.

Beat until smooth and bake on a hot ungreased griddle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment